My story looking for a condomiami

I went to South Beach and looked around for the best place to rent a studio. There were a lot of options. Mainly when you walk down the street there were so many hotels. Completely packed on Collins, there was something really claustrophobic about it though.



I headed further North in Miami. And found Sunny Isles. This was more like it.

It seemed more family oriented and slightly, less, how do I say, Latino? Don't shoot me down. Some of my best friends are Colombian. But there is something so intense and macho about South Beach which doesn't quite suit me.

I stumbled on Trump Tower and thought, no fucking way. I am not staying there. I had a look around and saw ocean front properties which must be worth millions of dollars and then to make it even better, there were tons of dining and pleasure options. I settled in on Acqualina because of it's proximity to my favorite gym. The Miami real estate agent said this was the condomiami  for younger urban professionals.

After moving in I made a few friends in the building but I was really interested in finding a co-working space instead of working at home like I did in Vietnam. There were a few options but I just settled on Starbucks and few other cafes in walking distance. It wasn't the best option as I had to bring an extra monitor for charting on the days when I was trading the fed decisions. I am a bit of a stock market nut but a few of the guys I met at the cafes were more into the miami real estate trends happening at that moment.

This is some drone footage I made when looking around South Beach with my broker.


Rates were literally free. As long as you had some money and a decent credit rating, you could buy a commercial property and sublet it for a rate higher than you could get in the bank. It seemed like the perfect chance to diversify so I called up my agent again and asked what my options were. Even though I had made a bit of money, it wasn't really invested in anything long term. This was my chance!

In the end, I didn't buy anything for investment but I wanted to get something for Miami when I was here. It seemed a better deal to buy than to rent in Miami because of the favorable bank rates.

So now I am in Acqualina and thinking about getting back to Asia. My time here has been great but I miss the simplicity of Vietnam life and how delicious everything tastes. Miami is great for a few months but I need to find a balance and between Asia and South Florida, I finally feel I have made the right decision.





SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments: